www.flickr.com

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Captain America Illustration: Sentinel Of Liberty

Captain America: The First Avenger debuts in theaters tomorrow (I'm seeing it at midnight.) so I wanted to post my second Cap painting before I get tied up with working out. This piece was broken up into numerous sittings over two weeks. I went for a more painterly yet realistic approach as apposed to the last one that was comic book influenced.

ArtRage was the app of choice. I haven't done any portraits in the app in a while so I welcomed the challenge. It definitely took longer than I thought. Symmetry and layers played a big role. All of the colors for the face, helmet, uniform, and gear had to be on separate layers. I'm getting used to painting the movie Cap but it's still difficult. Now that's complete though I can safely say it's one of my favorites.

0 comments: