www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Captain America Illustration: Avenge

Out of all of the summer movies I'm definitely looking forward to Captain America: The First Avenger the most. In honor of the upcoming movie I decided to paint one of the movie posters. I would like to do one for each of the art apps I have but we'll see what happens. Basically I wanted to get at least one out before the movie does next Friday. I went with the Avenge poster because it's iconic and powerful.

Originally I was going to paint it realistically but I wanted to get back to my cartoonist roots on this one. This way the painting becomes more personal because it's my interpretation. The face was definitely a struggle because he's looking down. The gear wasn't too bad but I had to pay close attention to symmetry. I like the debris in the background but it doesn't quite look the way I want. I can't complain though because as a whole I'm happy with the results. Now I just have to wait until Friday for the actual movie.

0 comments: