www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Featured Illustration: Waka Flocka Fozzie Bear




I usually like to give my featured illustrations room to breathe but I just had to post this one. The idea came to me to paint something whimsical. I wanted to get back to doing some satire illustrations. ArtRage seemed to be the app of choice for this one. What I'm trying to do now is create a series of projects for both Sketchbook Pro and ArtRage. This way I'll stay into what I'm doing and have options.

After seeing The Baraka Flocka Flame parody video on Youtube I started thinking about what to do. I came up with Fozzie Bear from the Muppets dressed as Waka Flocka Flame. It was a nice juxtaposition to the Sade I posted yesterday. Thankfully ArtRage updated so I could paint without it crashing as often. I was going for a bold cartoony look with broad brush strokes. Actually I had the New Yorker in mind when I was painting.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: