www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Halloween as Ultimate Captain America




Last Halloween was a disaster for me. I dressed up as Ultimate Nick Fury and went to work for the party. Unfortunately none of the kids or adults recognized me. Comic fans know him from the Ultimates and his cameo in Iron Man after the credits. Too bad the general public doesn't. Every one thought I was a pirate. This time I wanted to not only be someone at was instantly recognizable but someone I really liked. For me the Ultimates put Captain America on the map. It made him cool again.

This iteration had a harder edge and an attitude. He wouldn't just take you down he'd make jokes while he did. This Captain wasn't afraid to take lives when necessary. Ultimate Captain America quickly became my favorite Marvel character. After deciding Gabranth would be too expensive and time consuming I went with Cap America. I owe a big thank you to my Mom and my girlfriend Rose for helping me design and finance the costume.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: