www.flickr.com

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Featured Illustration: Skippy now with Honey!





I started this still life immediately after putting the finishing touches on Reina. Needless to say I love having a peanut butter bagel for breakfast. I wanted to create a simple still life that used the strength of the labels. Ah the labels. Those were a lot more difficult than I imagined. I had to make changes to the label but oh well. This experiment was also about practicing accuracy. I still have more to learn but I am happy with this one too. The brush strokes behind the jar happened last minute. The piece needed some accents and blue is definitely the compliment to orange. I remember that from my painting class.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

Location:Campbell Ave,West Haven,United States

1 comments:

Skippy, Inc. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.