www.flickr.com

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sketchbook Pro: What I learned over the summer




Over the summer one of the promises I made to myself was to learn how to use Sketchbook Pro. I barely touched the app when I first downloaded it. I had to warm up to using it for detailed illustrations. I felt like my first attempts were a little clumsy. Once I got comfortable with the gestures, the stylus and using layer transparency to my advantage things took off. Now I can hardly imagine not using it to draw.

I've got two very ambitious projects that I'm working on right now. The first is a portrait of my girlfriend's cat and the second is an illustration of my Reaper character. Taking on multiple projects has been great for keeping me focused on my artwork. If I don't stimulate my creative process then I get bored quickly. At this point that's the last thing I need.

Sketchbook has just been very convenient for me. It's much easier to change some brush settings in the app rather than inking a finished page. Not to mention a lot cleaner. I'm very excited to be using such a sophisticated app like this one. Having a light and mobile portfolio is just ideal for being a cartoonist in 2010.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

Location:Chapel St,New Haven,United States

0 comments: