www.flickr.com

Friday, April 15, 2011

Featured Illustration: Devil In A New Dress




I got the inspiration for this piece from Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. I always thought Morrigan (Darkstalkers) was an interesting character. She's definitely not modest considering her revealing clothes. Her powers combined with her attitude helped me decide to pursue this. I tend to be very picky when illustrating characters that aren't my own.

I'd rather not paint a subject unless I'm very interested. The idea of juxtaposing a succubus with a Hollywood style background was very appealing to me. Morrigan herself is very sexual, vein and sadistic. She takes what she wants and she does what she wants. This piece to me represents self indulgence to the fullest. I wouldn't have it any other way for this one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: