www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Apps I Use Daily: Animation Desk




I was very curious about this app when I read about it on Pulse News Reader. Lately I've been trying to expand my repertoire of art apps. This one was just to good to pass up. My major was cartooning but dabbling in other fields only makes you a more well rounded. Plus I have some very good friends that are animators too. I've been using it since Sunday and I'm very impressed. The interface makes animating your frames simple for the most part.

I do have some gripes though. First off there are no layers to speak of. This is going to make coloring each frame harder. Second I'm very surprised that you can't expand your fingers to zoom in on the frames. Last but not least there should definitely be more colors for the palette. it seems like this was aimed at casual creative types but I hope I'm wrong. I would love to have some Sketchbook Pro like features thrown in. Aside from that I look forward to working with this app. Seeing my characters move is pretty amazing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: