www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Featured Illustration: Sonic The Hedgehog




The illustration was pure nostalgia for me. Sonic The Hedgehog is by far my favorite video game character. Despite have a string of terrible games being released after the Adventure series I stuck with him. Thankfully Sonic 4 is a return to true form. Sonic The Hedgehog by Archie Comics also happens to be one of the first comics I've ever read. I've been a loyal fan since I was a kid. This character actually got me into writing and drawing my own comic books. I go way back with Sonic.

I figured I had to pay homage to my childhood hero on the iPad. This time I wanted to use Sketchbook and ArtRage in conjunction. I illustrated Sonic in Sketchbook and the background in ArtRage. The reference I used was from an issue of Sonic and a screenshot from Sonic 4. Pat Spaziante was was the illustrator of the cover. He was always my favorite cover artist for Sonic. All in all I had a great time putting this together.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: