www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Featured Illustration: Euphony


This piece is the first of a series of planned Sketchbook Pro illustrations. Originally it was going to be a t-shirt design. I decided against that because I couldn't do a full bleed. (I'll have to take it down at some point soon.) Euphony was inspired by my love of music. I wanted to tackle doing a more feminine design.

Someone told me she resembles Sade. I thought that was funny because I was killing Soldier Of Love at the time. The background is inspired by The New Haven Green. I usually do a lot of fantasy comics and illustrations.

While you can't really see music notes flowing out of someone's hair this piece still has roots in reality. My hometown to be exact. I think I'll do the entire series that way too. Sort of a homage to New Haven.

0 comments: