www.flickr.com

Monday, December 9, 2013

Superheroes and Pop Art

Lately I've been creating art faster than I can blog about it so consider this like four posts in one. For several weeks I've been inspired to create Warhol inspired Pop Art. First to pay homage to his famous Campbell's Can I illustrated the "Soup on the Go" to modernize my version. Up next was Coca Cola. I painted Coke Zero because we live an image conscious society. Coke Zero isn't really that much better for you but I'm sure most people like to think it is. Secondly I had an idea to illustrate classic superheroes (Christopher Reeve, Lynda Carter, and Adam West) because that was something my Mom grew up on and I thought it would be interesting to explore. Most of the time I'm calling on my Illustrative and Fine Arts background so using my Cartooning knowledge is a nice change of pace. All art created in Sketchbook Pro.

 

0 comments: