www.flickr.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Featured Illustrations: Cyclone and Wonder Wheel

Recently I've been spending a lot of time in different parts of New York City collecting reference photos for one of my next books. Coney Island was a place I always wanted to visit but never got around to when I was going to The School of Visual Arts. Up until recently whenever I went to New York I mainly stayed in Manhattan. This latest project has forced me out of my comfort zone and I plan to visit every borough I. The city to create paintings. With these two I was aiming for nostalgia and iconic (which is consistent with the rest) but this time it was different since I was experiencing this place for the very first time. I've never been crazy about carnival rides like roller coasters but I love the energy, and imagery that comes with them. These two paintings were also a great experiment in creating illuminated objects. Paintings made in Brushes 3 for iPad.

 

0 comments: