www.flickr.com

Monday, August 26, 2013

Ra! by Jorge Colombo

I've been following Jorge Colombo's work since I got my first iPad in 2010. From his watercolor works to his iPhone and iPad art that has been featured prominently on the covers of The New Yorker, it's just amazing. I'm convinced I'm his biggest fan. I went to one of his iPad workshops at the MOMA awhile back and we became fast friends. Jorge was even kind enough to write a brief essay about my second book, Through The Elm to The Big Apple. We met up for a coffee and talked shop around the NY Public Library, Bryant Park and this amazing shop that carried all sorts of manga, art supplies and chibi figurines. I aspire to the kind of success he has and he's been a great teacher so far. Here are some live portraits he created of me using Brushes for iPad.

 

0 comments: