www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Featured Illustration: Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us)

Contains spoilers for The Last of Us for PS3

Generally I don't do much art inspired by video games. I have other projects and I'm usually backed up on work. With The Last of Us it was a different story. I tried to avoid all of the hype right before it came out so I could just enjoy it. In my opinion it's the best game I've ever played. The story was phenomenal and made me care about the characters. The gameplay and environments were both just as amazing and helped support the narrative. There's a scene close to the end of the game where Ellie takes off leaving Joel to wonder why. When you finally catch up with her you see she's found a group of giraffes going through the post apocalyptic city. It's really a beautiful scene and I knew that I wanted to capture it. Painting created in Brushes 2 for iPad.

 

0 comments: