www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Featured Illustration: Sprite Can

I got back from New York last night and I felt like creating some pop art. I spent about three hours putting together this illustration when I really should've been in bed. Sketchbook Pro updated and added Copic Markers to the tool set. I used those and the smear tool to give the can a reflective look. The background was extremelly difficult and I was very indecisive which is out of character but oh well. I decided on a background that complemented the can and made it pop (pun intended.) I stopped having soda years ago because I'm a health nut but there's a certain nostalgia attached to these cans of carbonated sugar water. Susan Murtaugh illustrates Coke cans from time to time so I think I'll take Sprite.

 

0 comments: