www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Featured Illustration: Amy Winehouse

This is a portrait I meant to do when Amy Winehouse passed away. Sometimes I just have so many personal projects I want to illustrate that I can get bogged down. While I wasn't fond of Amy's self destructive habits and addictions her music was mesmerizing. I don't have too many black and white portraits in my portfolio but I really enjoyed painting this. In a way this was slightly easier than working with color but there were many gray tones in the photo reference. I almost left this rough but there's always something about a blended portrait. I was tempted to cheat and just bring it over in Procreate (because of the smudge tool.) but then that would take away from the Brushes video I'm going to make. Created in Brushes on The New iPad

 

0 comments: