www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Featured Illustration: Comic Book State Of Mind

It dawned on me lately that I have all of these realistic portraits of others but I hadn't done one for myself. That led me to create one in Brushes. The portrait took me five days on and off. I really couldn't print the reference and that slowed me down some. For some reason I tricked myself into thinking this was going to be straightforward. Of course, it wasn't. I added all sorts of things to it. For example after I finished blending myself I wanted to simulate pores. I've seen Kyle Lambert do this in his online videos so I figured I would give it a shot. I really needed a self portrait that speaks volumes about who I am. I'm a comic book geek through and through. Even my favorite New Era Cap is from Marvel and Tokidoki. Comics are never far from my mind.

0 comments: