www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Featured Illustration: Chris Rock in The Blame Game




Chris Rock is definitely one of my favorite comedians. He's very intelligent but at the same time raunchy, relevant and outspoken. He's just hysterical. His guest feature on Kanye West's Blame Game was no exception. After listening to his skit at the end a few times I thought that I could turn it into a nice gag illustration.

I took some risks on this one with the oils in ArtRage. It's actually similar to my Young Jeezy painting from Sketchbook. Though this one looks more like what I envisioned. I don't think I was quite satisfied with it until the last few strokes. I just didn't think I captured him until I stepped back and really looked. ArtRage is quickly becoming my go to portrait painting app. Photogene came in handy for the dialog balloons too. I love the juxtaposition of the fine arts and the cartooning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: