www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Featured Illustration: Princess Sally Acorn




This is my second Brushes illustration and another Sonic themed piece. I decided to paint Princess Sally from Archie Comics' Sonic The Hedgehog series. I was going to just illustrate this in Sketchbook but it seemed like a good idea to get used to Brushes. It was a good thing too. I discovered two brushes that are great for blending colors.

The idea was to juxtapose a painterly background and a cartoony figure. The character was harder to illustrate than I gave her credit for. I'm very used to drawing anatomically correct characters. Sally is intentionally illustrated like a bobble head. Thankfully I got her sketch right on the second try. It's all on the video though. Be sure to check it out Here


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

0 comments: