www.flickr.com

Sunday, August 1, 2010

iPad demos


I've had the Apple iPad for a minute now and the reactions people give me never cease to amaze me. I'm definitely an early adopter so I guess it comes with the territory. It's just crazy how much attention this little tablet gets. It does not matter where I am. It could be the bus, the train or work. Most people that see it will want a demo of some sort. In most cases I don't really mind. I prefer giving people demos that I know but what can you do. People want to know what the hype is all about.

The questions I generally get are "Is that an iPad? or "What is that?" I've been listening to music and browsing Safari and people will still peek over my shoulder or tap me to ask. I mean my running gag is that I secretly work for Apple. I've given more demos than Best Buy. It's like carrying around a celebrity at times. When I was at my girlfriend's awards dinner I gave a demo of Sketchbook Pro. Everyone at the table stopped talking abruptly and turned to see. You could hear a pin drop in the room. I don't know what it is but it just has that effect on people.

Just yesterday I gave a demo to some friends of my girlfriend. By the end of the night we were all playing Harbor Master and Tap, Tap Radiation. Even the skeptics I've talked to have become enamored with it after using it for a while. It's interesting to watch. As long as no one is deleting any sketches of mine or signing me out of Youtube I guess the demos will go on. I just kept thinking they would stop after the iPhone 4 came out. Oh well, it's not like I don't enjoy the attention.

0 comments: