www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Featured Illustration: Rose

It's been a year or more since I've been doing portrait work. After seeing the featured artists for Sketchbook Pro and Brushes I decided to get back into it. But what to start with though? At the time it was my girlfriend, Rose's birthday. The plan was to get her an iPod Touch. I also wanted to do something creative for her too. I found a picture her I liked and got started.

Unfortunately she found out about it before it was done. It was probably better that way though. It took me a long time to get used to illustrating portraits on the iPad. I got a slow start and it was a very frustrating process. Thankfully it was worth it. I'd like to give a shout out to Rose for giving me feedback to adjust the anatomy when I needed to and Kyle Lambert for the tips on illustrating hair. What a pain that was. After countless hours this is the piece I have to show for it. It will be the first of a series. It feels good to be into portraits again.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)

Location:Blake St,New Haven,United States

0 comments: