www.flickr.com

Monday, August 9, 2010

Apps I use daily: Whistle Phone

Whistle is a free VoIP (Voice over internet protocol) app that allows you to make calls over Wi-Fi and 3G. You can access your contacts list on iPad and call out. There are no hidden fees or anything. the only charge is for international calls. If you're calling within the United States it's free. Even over 3G the calls are very clear and stable. Over Wi-Fi they come in clearer than my cell phone. I have noticed that the calls will break up over 3G and drop occasionally though. On Wi-Fi this app is a great substitute for a landline phone and a good way to save those precious minutes. The company is supposed to be working on an iOS 4 update that will allow push notifications for incoming calls. I'm definitely looking forward to it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (Anubis)




Location:Campbell Ave,West Haven,United States

0 comments: