www.flickr.com

Friday, February 14, 2014

Featured Illustration: Frank Underwood

With House of Cards returning today I wanted to celebrate with a painting of it's protagonist, (or is that antagonist) Frank Underwood wonderfully portrayed by Kevin Spacey. While I was looking at reference photos my instinct was to just paint a headshot of the character like most of my portraits. I'm really glad I ignored that instinct. A friend from Washington Heights mentioned a lot of my work is centered. This seemed like a great opportunity to switch things up. ArtRage has been my app of choose lately for this type of work. I wasn't looking to create another painting like Ellen Page right away because that style is so time consuming. The goal was to get the entire painting done before the premiere date.

 

0 comments: